Saturday, February 18, 2012

Would you like some fruit?

Two years ago, Jerod asked me if I could knit him a hanging fruit basket for the kitchen, since he'd had no luck finding one in stores. I assured him it'd be super easy, and I'd have it knocked out in no time.

Cut to today, and the thing is finally finished and mounted in the kitchen:



I'm pretty pleased with it. Clearly it holds up well to five pounds of clementines, although it's a bit saggier than I'd expected. Any I make in the future will have some fishing line knit in to help keep the shape of the baskets.

A pattern will be forthcoming, but I naturally have managed to lose the pattern notes in the two years since I actually finished the knitting portion of this, so it will have to wait until I have a minute to recreate them.

Update: The pattern is now available here!

No comments: