Sunday, February 26, 2012

Playing catch up

I made a deal with myself recently to cut back on my video games and focus on trying to get some UFOs knocked out (it's really amazing how much of your time Lego Batman can suck up). With my sewing machine out of commission until I can get it to Sears for some repairs, that means it's been a week now of just focusing on my abandoned knitting projects.

In that time, I've managed to more or less finish one: a smaller, baby blanket sized version of a kitchen cotton stashbuster blanket I knit a few years ago. My sister had liked it quite a bit, so I decided to make a mini version of it for her baby on the way.



The irony of it is, despite having spawned from a stashbuster, I had to buy SO MANY balls of yarn to finish it...

Right now, I'm wrapping up work on Ellie. It had been sitting since I moved over a year and a half ago, and I was pleasantly surprised to see that there was a lot less work to be done on it than I'd remembered.



I'm working a short sleeved variation of the pattern, so I really just have a couple more rows of work on the body to get it to the length I want, and then a few rows to shore up the sleeves, and I'm done. Huzzah!

I have a couple more projects to go after that, and I've told myself I'm not allowed to start anything new until I've gotten all of these off the needles. I've got a few baby projects I want to get started on, so it's impetus to wrap these other ones up, once and for all.

No comments: