Friday, February 24, 2006

Progress in a few directions...

Firstly, I finished the Falling Leaves scarf tonight.



Going home for a few days and spending a lot of time in front of the tv helped. Once you get the lace pattern memorized, the rest of the scarf flies by pretty quickly. However, as it's knit in two pieces, I was a little concerned about the grafting at the neck.



As it turns out, it was the easiest part of the scarf. I just transferred both halves to one needle, alternating stitches from each, and then bound it all off, knitting two stitches together at a time. It's probably not the way the pattern called to graft it, but I haven't had to look at the pattern in about a week and a half, so I'm not terribly concerned.

In a more non-knitting direction, I found two dresses to put together for my girly Two-Face costume. It wasn't quite the direction I was originally planning for the costume (half goth-punk/half glam), but I actually kinda like this better. It's a bit closer to the Batman Forever concept, and I really did like that costume. And Tommy Lee Jones is fab, but that is neither here nor there...



The black dress is huge, probably a size 14 or 16, and had already been taken in by a few inches at the bust (which makes me wonder what on earth the person who owned it was shaped like), all of which would be problematic if I were actually planning to wear it. Fortunately, I'm just planning to hack it up, so the extra fabric makes things a bit easier.

Granted, a lot of the costume is gonna be in the accessories and other details, most of which I had planned out by the time I got to the checkout at Goodwill. Time will tell, tho.

The last thing, I picked up a sweater that I'm gonna recycle. For real this time. This sweater is about two sizes to big for me to ever actually wear, instantly stamping out any feelings of guilt at wasting a perfectly good sweater.



Which is a shame, because I actually really like the sweater, and would probably wear the hell out of it if it fit. It's 52% wool, 48% acrylic, and not quite as bright as the pictures, but still peppy. I'll probably get around to destroying it sometime next week - pictures forthcoming.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you love the sweater, steek it!

Anonymous said...

i think the scarf is wonderful and i can not wait to see the costume
completed

Jenn Mackert said...

Yeeeeah, I could steek it...or I could recycle the yarn and make something a bit more fitted that I'd like just as much, which is kinda my plan at the moment.