Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I've been working on two main projects lately: The Falling leaves scarf from Vogue knitting Spring/Summer 05, and the Accidentally-On-Purpose vest from Stitch N Bitch Nation.

I'm working the scarf out of Lion Brand Wool Ease in cranberry. It's the first yarn I ever bought, and I've tried to work it into a few different scarves since then. The first scarf was a lesson in overzealousness - it ended up a foot and a half by nine foot garter stitch monstrosity that was so heavy, it choked me whenever I tried to wear it. Hence the redo.

It's also the first lacework I've ever done successfully, and I think it's turning out pretty well...





(click image for a very large and very overexposed pattern detail)


It's about a foot and a half long right now - not bad for about a weeks-worth of bus rides to work and a few episodes of Gilmore Girls.

The vest is coming a little slower, mostly because it's stockinette - massively boring compared to lacy leaves.



I'm working this in Patons Brilliant, which is a really fun yarn, and surprisingly soft considering it's full of sparkly plastic bits. I'm almost at the point now where I start dropping stitches, so that's a little more exciting. And then...I get to do another 23 inches of stockinette for the back. Joy of joys.

Maybe tomorrow if I'm feeling inspired, I'll post about the hoodie that never ends. We'll see...

No comments: