Sunday, March 31, 2013

I finished the back of my mini-dress last night. I guess I can be a really fast knitter when I have hours a day to spend on it.

I ran up against some issues when I reached the sleeve decreases. For size M, the first decrease row calls to decrease the color B stripes from four stitches to three, but then it's stated that from every row onward, they should only be one stitch, total, and then all other decreases should be made in the MC section.

I didn't particularly like the jag in the colors, so I adjusted the decreases so that the color B stripe gradually tapered down to one stitch, like so:

1st decrease row: K2, SKP (in color B), k to last 4 stitches, k2tog, k to end.
Next row: P
Repeat last two rows two times. At this point, only one stitch should remain in color B.
4th decrease row: K3, SKP (in MC), k to last 5 stitches, k2tog, k to end.
Next row: P
Repeat last two rows three times.

Obviously, this only applies to size M, but I don't think it'd be too hard to adjust for the bigger sizes if needed. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. I've got block the pieces and finish off the collar and sleeves, so hopefully by the end of the week I'll have it all done. Huzzah!
Post a Comment