I've recently found myself among the ranks of the unemployed. While that has so far found me spending A LOT of time cleaning the house like mad, I'm slowly getting around to spending more time knitting.
As such, I finally finished the Hanna Cowl.
Just like I thought, it's HUGE. I also realized just before I finished the bind off that I'd missed three rows out of each of the last two pattern repeats, so it should be even larger. It also doesn't seem to have the same soft hand as the cowl in the pattern picture, which was part of what drew me to the pattern in the first place. I do still need to block it, but, obviously, there's only so much that will do to help.
My feelings may change once I've blocked it and worn it a time or two (although now that it's March, that may have to wait until next winter), but if I were to redo it, I'm pretty sure I'd make it two-thirds to half the width it calls for, and probably substitute ribbing for the seed stitch.
Now, onto the next thing: Caddy Melville Ledbetter's Mini Dress from Knits That Fit (a.k.a. the entire reason I wanted the book in the first place). I'm making it out of Cascade Ecological Wool and Eco+, in mustard yellow, delft blue, and cream.
So far the only changes I've made are to change the first three rows to 1x1 ribbing rather than garter stitch, but I'm toying with the idea of leaving the white band at the stomach out as well. We'll see how I feel when I get a little closer to it.
I'm only a few rows in, so no pictures yet, but hopefully soon!