Sunday, June 10, 2007

Loads of updates!

One project down! The Who blanket was finished in a fervent weaving-in session last night, and delivered to it's intended recipient: the impending Melspawn.



And much squeeing was had by all.

In goodies expansion news, several Hancock Fabrics are going out of business around town, which, with everything at 90% off, is good news for me:



This is not including the $80 worth of DPNs and size 17 and up straight needles that a friend picked up for me the other night. That's six yards of gorgeous red jacquard and half a yard of fish-scale sequin net, none of which I have a clue what to do with (tho I'm leaning towards a bodice for the jacquard). So I have no need to buy needles for a long, long time.

I got an invite to Ravelry the other day, which is fantastic. I'm already addicted. I think my favorite thing is the ability to queue - saving a to-do list of patterns. For example, this, which I think the Pi blanket may end up getting cannibalized for.

So that's it for now. I have yet another(!) Doctor Who project coming up, now that DragonCon is clearly on the way. Thank God it's not another scarf!

No comments: