Sunday, October 27, 2013


All done!

I ended up having a lot of trouble with the pattern. It calls for essentially knitting short rows in order to pull off intarsia in the round, but it just never worked right, and left a lot of holes and weird stringy looking places. Instead, I decided to just duplicate stitch the stripes and tummy on. There were some issues with the muzzle, too, mostly that there's no indication in the pattern which side of it goes up, so I spent a while pinning and repinning trying to get it right. Protip: it's the smaller side.

That said, it still came out looking pretty good, so I can't complain too much. Yay for excellent Halloween costumes!

Friday, October 25, 2013

A little shameless self-promotion...

We're gearing up for Halloween over here. I've been working on a stuffed Hobbes to go along with my nephew's Calvin costume.

He's a lot more finished than it shows in this picture, thankfully. I've been having some trouble with the pattern, but it's very nearly all stitched up, and hopefully I'll have him all put together in time to ship out to NC for Halloween.

In other Halloweeny news, I wrote a short story that has been published in a horror anthology that just came out for Kindle, called A Light In The Dark. You can find it here. Please buy it so I can feel like a semi-successful writer person.